Friday, April 1, 2011

Autism Awareness, Technical Stuff, and other Mumbo Jumbo.

April is Autism Awareness Month and tomorrow is "World Autism Day."  Hope you can support it!

My story with Autism is an adventure, but here is a very shortened version. From the very beginning in the womb I knew something was not right.  My son would toss and turn constantly and keep me from sleeping.  He could not stay still and I don't think he was very happy inside my belly. He didn't like to be held, wiggle and stream to be set free. As a toddler his speech never progressed, so we did test after test.  His doctor thought he was just slow developmentally. Pushing ahead a few years educators and doctors finally diagnosed him with Autism at six years of age. He is a verbal child and he can not tell how his day has gone, but he can certainly give many hugs. He is the most sweet precious boy and I wouldn't change him for the world. This graphic sums Autism up rather well. Keep in mind that Autism is different with every individual, that is why it is considered a spectrum disorder.



I have been out of sorts lately but, but now in sorts! I enjoy the blog hops and parties, but truthfully I find it difficult to surf the web lately.  I can't visit my favorite blogs with out having my computer freeze and this is sad. :( So I limit my visits for fear of crashing!

Case in point I am having to re-type my entire post because of frozen computer issues.

With that in mind, I have a new FB page.  Please let me know what you think.  I will use it for updates, happenings and keeping in touch with my followers.

I also have a new website, it's a WIP (work in progress), so bare with me.  I would like to eventually email my followers with a newsletter and anyone who stops by and leaves their contact info.  You can say "NAY" if you like, I know that people don't like alot of junk in their box. 

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their crafty adventures.

Take Care,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read them all and enjoying answering any questions you might have. Share the love♥!