Friday, October 15, 2010

It's Friday...Time to Share, but is My Head on Straight?

I keep asking myself that.  I really wish physics could really increase the hours in a day, because lately I don't have enough of them. 

I am very encouraged and excited because this week I had my first two sales in my shop! I truly took me by surprise and I wasn't prepared. Literally! Running your own shop is a one man show and trying to keep the blog is a challenge as well.  Sorry for not having the weekly Tuesday tip, just didn't have one prepared.  Too busy running to the post office!

 Yes, I am overwhelmed at times, but having my own business is a dream come true for me and I wouldn't change it for the world.  I have all of you to thank for that!!

I made my first "Sne(e)ak n' Peek bag.  Other people would name it "I Spy" bag, but knowing me I wanted to be different.  I had to test this toy on my youngest son, just to see his reaction.  These bags are supposed to keep children occupied for certain periods of time.  Well, honestly it didn't work with my son.  He also has ADHD and his attention span is about 15 seconds.  The interest level was not there.  He periodically picks up the bag, looks at it for about a few seconds at time and then puts it down and goes to something else.  He is a visual learner and sensory to the extreme.  That combination of ADHD and visual stimulation is really tricky.  I find it a challenge to find therapy type toys for him.  It's one of the reasons that I decided to open up a shop to see if  I could create something different for every individual. Every child with Autism is completely different and that is what makes them so unique!

 So I probably won't end up making these for the shop.  One, they aren't beneficial for everyone and two, everyone seems to be making these because they are really easy to create!

But I will share the bag that I made and pass it along to you.  Enjoy!









No word list here, just a visual list.  These are all actually buttons. Aren't they cute? How do you like the wizard?!


I want to share something special to me.  It's actually very old. I finally had to dig it out of my closet after a few moves.

I don't even have a name for her but she is an heirloom handed down to me by my Mother.  It was hers when she was a child.  I am not sure of the age, but I am guessing around 60-70 years or more.  She is handcrafted from felt.  The details are amazing.  Just look at the detailing on her skirt, on her face and look at the bottom of her shoes.  I just love her face and eyes.  Look at the curls in her hair and the braids.

I am not done yet.  I decided to try working with wood last weekend and came up with this cute welcome sign.



Cute penguin! Originally I thought it was an owl.  My oldest son informed me that it was a penguin!
Painted the wood sign with acrylic brown paint. Let dry. Purchased some small wooden stars and painted one with yellow paint, glued on.  Found the penguin and glued him on as well. Then I bought a sharpie paint pen
and did some fancy writing. Then I took a little hand drill and put a few holes in the upper corners.  Walaaa... Quick welcome sign.

Hope your enjoy your weekend.  Happy crafting Pigeon Peeps.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your sales I'm happy for you. I really love all of these items! I think the sneakn'peak bag awesomely clever. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sneek n' peak game looks like so much fun. My boys would love playing with it.

    Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I read them all and enjoying answering any questions you might have. Share the love♥!